Sad Press is run by Jo Lindsay Walton and Samantha Walton. We mainly publish poetry chapbooks by individual authors.
Sad Press was set up either in 2009 or 2014, it’s not clear. We now aim to publish around five books a year. Sad Press is based in Brighton, Bristol, and Edinburgh. We have a lot of projects on the go right now, so we’re not really accepting any submissions.
A few reviews and other things related to Sad Press books. If you have written a review, or if you want a review copy of something, get in touch.
- Frit, Familiars, and Understudies for Air, reviewed at Sabotage Reviews
- Jennifer Cooke, Apocalypse Dreams, reviewed on The Contemporary Small Press
- Notes on Apocalypse Dreams at Intercapillary Space
- Jennifer Cooke interview, talking about Apocalypse Dreams
- Robert Kiely, Killing the Cop in Your Head, reviewed in the TLS
- Daisy Lafarge, Understudies for Air, discussed in Eric Gregory Award ‘How I Did It’ article
- Maria on Daisy Lafarge, Understudies for Air
- Daisy Lafarge, Understudies for Air, in The White Review’s Books of the Year
- Lila Matsumoto, Allegories from my Kitchen, reviewed on Sabatoge Reviews
- Nicky Melville, Abbodies, mentioned in The Scottish Review of Books
- Nicky Melville, Abbodies, reviewed in Hix Eros
- Nicky Melville, Abbodies reviewed on Sphinx
- Nicky Melville, Abbodies chosen by Sam Riviere for The White Review‘s books of the year
- Sam’s choice then chosen by The Poetry Foundation, or something
- Eley Williams, Frit, reviewed at Adjacent Pineapple
- Eley Williams, Frit, reviewed in The London Review of Books
- Alice Tarbuck, Grid, mentioned by Christina Neuwirth
- Imogen Cassels, Arcades, chosen by Joanna Lee in National Poetry Day 2018: Poetry for a Change
- Imogen Cassels, Arcades, featured at The Writing Squad
- Tom Betteridge, Body Work, blows away SPAM
- SPAM reapproach more cautiously and Imogen Cassels, Arcades blows them away again
- Roz Kaveney, Catullus
- Roz Kaveney, Catullus reviewed by Antony John for Tears in the Fence
- Roz Kaveney’s Catullus and Adam Roberts’s Wodwo Vergil also reviewed in Marble (print only)
- Ellen Dillon, Sonnets for Malkmus chosen by Mauricio Baiocco for Spam Deep Cuts 2019
- Sad Press co-founds the Bristol and Bath Small Publishers’ Gathering
- Books ‘n’ Pieces reports on the Bristol and Bath Small Publishers’ Gathering
Printers we work with:
You can access digital copies of most out-of-print titles by subscribing to our Patreon.
There are also copies of most titles in the UKI legal deposit libraries and at the MayDay Rooms Radical Poetry Archive in London. The Scottish Poetry Library and the National Poetry Library also have some titles.
Contact / Follow